Battletech

Sci-Fi, both hard and soft, for all speculative games set in the worlds of tomorrow or galaxies far, far away
leopard

Battletech

Post by leopard »

for what its worth I've managed to dig up "Citytech", though only the "Citytech" rulebook and not the beautiful hard backed rulebook which has to be somewhere else.

does mean I have the Mechs though, while a tad crude I think they will paint up pretty nicely and not too difficult either, 16 Mechs, 8 for the inner sphere and 8 for the clans, with each side getting two each of four sculpts.

Which suggests two inner sphere and two clan colour schemes to have enough for a four player game, hopefully the mechs and formats are still supported with the revised rules:

Inner Sphere:
- JVN-10P Javelin
- CN9-D Centurion
- ON1-M Orion
- VTR-9K Victor

Clan
- Uller
- Black Hawk
- Mad Cat
- Daishi

also counters for a range of vehicles and infantry units

leopard

Re: Battletech

Post by leopard »

Had a go at paint some of the models, if I'm honest the models are terrible, went with a plain colour scheme as it hides some of the "issues"

Four Clan Omnimechs, left to right:
- Uller
- Daishi
- Mat cat
- Black Hawk

next for of the same will be coloured differently, and then the Inner Sphere ones will also be in two colour groups

Baldie

Post by Baldie »

Never played this

leopard

Post by leopard »

Baldie wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:28 am
Never played this
How on earth have you never played Battletech?

Models are pants but the game is pretty good

leopard

Post by leopard »

Important lesson of the day:

when you are facing a mech 50% heavier than you, don't run up and kick it in case it kicks back